Three Early Ways to Begin Preparing for the Buffet:
(The first two are real easy)
1) Start donating cases of 16 oz. bottled water — Thank you!
2) When you get your tickets in the mail, please respond to our request ASAP! (It’s good for cash flow.) Again — Thank you!
3) We ask that as a volunteer you be very flexible. There are “fun” jobs to be done and there are others that may be less enjoyable ways to work at the Buffet. But all the work is important and needs to be accomplished. So if you come expecting to be on the line dishing food and you’re asked to take out trash or unclog a toilet, we thank you in advance for your kind smile and “will-do” attitude.
Parish Life Conference
— a few HIGHLIGHTS —
at Antiochian Village
Wednesday through Sunday
June 26 through June 30
Thursday, June 27
- 9:30 AM - Breakfast w/the Bible
- 10:30 AM - Women’s Meeting
- 12:00 noon - Womens’ Luncheon
- 3:00 PM - “Lay Ministry in the Church”
- 6:30 pm - Dinner “Celebrity Chef”
Priest cook-off with Chef Tim
- 8:15 PM - Family Feud Orthodox Style
Friday, June 28
- 10:30 AM - Oratorical Festival
- 7:30 PM - Bible Bowl
Saturday, June 29
- 9:00 AM - Hierarchical DIVINE LITURGY
- 4:00 PM - “The Life of St. Paul”
Pick up a copy of the full schedule at the ushers’ station.
We are in need of a person to manage the space outside our parking lot — in some places that is a narrow strip with grass or trees and shrubs, in some place it is a larger ‘bank’ area (Wirsing Ave.). Let Julia Ritter (PC Chair) or Don Yoder (PC ViceChair) know if you would take this on (this is not doing the work but getting the work done).
HIGHLIGHTS of UPCOMING EVENTS
Friday, June 14 to Pentecost Sunday, Jun 16 — Bp. THOMAS’ Annual Visit
Wednesday, June 26, to Sunday, June 30 — Parish Life Conference at Antiochian Village
Sunday, July 14 — Parish Picnic at Twin Lakes; Pavilion 1
Mon, July 22, to Sun, Jul 28 — Archdiocese Convention, Grand Rapids
Sunday, September 8 — (Great Feast of Nativity of the Theotokos) &
St. Michael’s Mediterranean Buffet
Atlanta Braves vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
PNC Park, 115 Federal St., Pittsburgh, PA 15212
7:05 PM, Tuesday, June 4
Your $30 Ticket includes a $10 food voucher.
Sign up in the Fellowship Hall and
Turn in your ticket money to Michelle Gajewski by May 5.
checks payable to “St. Michael’s Antiochian Women”
As the Syrian crisis continues with little change, we continue to accept donations to do what we can to help ease the suffering there. Checks may be written to “St. Michael’s” with the note “Syrian Relief.” The following link to a CBS 60 Minutes program will offer some deeper understanding of what is transpiring:
We will be accepting donations to help do what we can to help ease the suffering there. The following link to a CBS 60 Minutes program will offer some deeper understanding of what is transpiring: CLICK HERE for the 60 Minutes Story...
For some remarkable Orthodox Christian educational listening, visit the Orthodox Revolutionary blog at orthorev.net. These podcasts may also be accessed on You Tube by by clicking this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkjC8SImNU
The assistance is unique. IOCC does not just give aid, but provides the means for people to continue the help themselves. For example, IOCC gives plows and seeds so that a farmer can keep on providing for his family.
· IOCC is helping everywhere – from rebuilding hurricane damages homes in the Southwest U.S to Haiti, many places in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
· 93 Cents ($0.93) of every dollar gets used, because of volunteers
· Each donated dollar is multiplied 7 times through matching funds from many sources
· All Orthodox jurisdictions in the U.S. are involved in the work of IOCC.
For more information on IOCC, see Fr. John or Pete Papas.
This year the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC) is proud to announce a collaboration with the Center for Family Care (of the Greek Archdiocese) by offering a Family Mission Team. Families from North America, along with Albanian families, will participate in this outreach assisted by OCMC missionaries and Albanian church leaders. The primary focus is to offer a “family witness” while sharing the faith and growing as a family in Christ. Consider being part of this first OCMC and Center for Family Care collaboration and family mission witness! Visit http://teams.ocmc.org, or
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information or to apply.