Three Ways to Begin Preparing for the Buffet:
(The first two are real easy)
1) Start donating cases of 16 oz. bottled water — Thank you!
2) When you get your tickets in the mail, please respond to our request ASAP! (It’s good for cash flow.) Again — Thank you!
3) We ask that as a volunteer you be very flexible. There are “fun” jobs to be done and there are others that may be less enjoyable ways to work at the Buffet. But all the work is important and needs to be accomplished. So if you come expecting to be on the line dishing food and you’re asked to take out trash or unclog a toilet, we thank you in advance for your kind smile and “will-do” attitude.
* Buffet Tickets have been mailed out to everyone.
When you receive your tickets in the mail,
please respond to our request and return them (or their $ value) ASAP!
(It’s good for cash flow.) Again — Thank you!
REGARDING “THE WORD” Magazine...
In order to update their subscription database, the Archdiocese Registrar has asked that we notify all parishioners that...
...YOU MUST RESUBSCRIBE by submitting a new application to “The Word,” if you want to continue receiving it.
The Archdiocesan Registrar has provided a link to the new subscription form for THE WORD publication, so that you can complete it online:
Please note that if you are unable to complete the form online,
there are (green) copies at the entrance to the church for you to complete,
return to the office and we can submit them for you.
Any questions, please call the office. Thank you for your cooperation with this Archdiocesan request.
We are in need of a person to manage the space outside our parking lot — in some places that is a narrow strip with grass or trees and shrubs, in some place it is a larger ‘bank’ area (Wirsing Ave.). Let Julia Ritter (PC Chair) or Don Yoder (PC ViceChair) know if you would take this on (this is not doing the work but getting the work done).
HIGHLIGHTS of UPCOMING EVENTS
Tuesday, August 27 — 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm - Food on the Hill
Sunday, September 8 (Great Feast of Nativity of the Theotokos)
St. Michael’s Mediterranean Buffet (only 4weeks away)
Saturday, Sept 14 — 9:00am Divine Liturgy for the Feast of the Cross
10:30 AM - Post-Buffet Restoration Day
As the Syrian crisis continues with little change, we continue to accept donations to do what we can to help ease the suffering there. Checks may be written to “St. Michael’s” with the note “Syrian Relief.” The following link to a CBS 60 Minutes program will offer some deeper understanding of what is transpiring:
We will be accepting donations to help do what we can to help ease the suffering there. The following link to a CBS 60 Minutes program will offer some deeper understanding of what is transpiring: CLICK HERE for the 60 Minutes Story...
For some remarkable Orthodox Christian educational listening, visit the Orthodox Revolutionary blog at orthorev.net. These podcasts may also be accessed on You Tube by by clicking this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkjC8SImNU
The assistance is unique. IOCC does not just give aid, but provides the means for people to continue the help themselves. For example, IOCC gives plows and seeds so that a farmer can keep on providing for his family.
· IOCC is helping everywhere – from rebuilding hurricane damages homes in the Southwest U.S to Haiti, many places in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
· 93 Cents ($0.93) of every dollar gets used, because of volunteers
· Each donated dollar is multiplied 7 times through matching funds from many sources
· All Orthodox jurisdictions in the U.S. are involved in the work of IOCC.
For more information on IOCC, see Fr. John or Pete Papas.
This year the Orthodox Christian Mission Center (OCMC) is proud to announce a collaboration with the Center for Family Care (of the Greek Archdiocese) by offering a Family Mission Team. Families from North America, along with Albanian families, will participate in this outreach assisted by OCMC missionaries and Albanian church leaders. The primary focus is to offer a “family witness” while sharing the faith and growing as a family in Christ. Consider being part of this first OCMC and Center for Family Care collaboration and family mission witness! Visit http://teams.ocmc.org, or
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information or to apply.